Recipe For Tiramisu – A Popular Italian Dessert
Being one of the most popular desserts in Italy, Tiramisu has found its way to other parts of the world as well. Apart from the normal puddings and cakes, the tiramisu can be made in various ways using various ingredients. Each of the recipes is equally liked and can bring water to anybody’s mouth!
A few basic ingredients are used in almost every tiramisu recipe. These include mascarpone cheese, sugar, raw eggs, lady fingers, espresso coffee, cocoa and liquor. Sometimes people also use heavy cream as an ingredient, but it is an optional one and depends from person to person. The richness of the recipe and delightful taste depends on the proportion of each ingredient you use.
Some people use vanilla ice cream and top it up with a variety of components and various toppings. In a similar way, tiramisu can be prepared too. Like you read earlier, you can experiment with different ingredients and proportions and can prepare an all-new dessert altogether. Tiramisu is very easy to prepare and anybody can make a tiramisu dessert. Use your imagination and experiment with the ingredients, who knows you might just create an award winning dessert!
Ingredients For Health Conscious People
The tiramisu will not remain a tiramisu without its basic ingredients. However, if you want to prepare a healthier recipe, you need to keep the basic ingredients the same, but can change the amount of the ingredients while using them. Minor substitutions can be made as well, except for the ladyfingers. For the rest, i.e. mascarpone cheese, sugar, raw eggs, lady fingers, espresso coffee, cocoa and liquor, you can try using substitutes. Also, using cream is an option, therefore if you are health conscious; remove this ingredient from your list. But one thing which you must know is that the best tiramisu is only obtained when its ingredients are in their purest form. Using substitutes can alter the taste and it might not turn out to be as good as the original.
Recipe For A Tiramisu Dessert
Provided below is a recipe for tiramisu. Read it carefully and you can probably prepare it right away if you have the ingredients at home!
This recipe requires a few different ingredients like traditional savoiardi (ladyfinger, but a hard type). If you can get them, there is nothing like it. Another important thing to keep in mind is that the eggs used in this recipe are uncooked. It is reported that some people have had severe problems with uncooked eggs, therefore take the necessary precautions while preparing this recipe.
Let us start now!
- 6 large eggs, separate into egg whites and yolks.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups espresso coffee (keep at room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons of sweet Marsala cooking wine
- 36 savoiardi
- One 3 pound bag melted bittersweet baking chips. Use as desired.
- Take six large eggs and separate them into egg whites and yolks. Take the yolks and sugar and beat with an electric mixer. Beat at medium until they become thick. This might take a couple of minutes.
- Once the mixture is thick, add mascarpone cheese to it and beat once again until the entire mixture is mixed well. Clean the beaters.
- Take another bowl and put the egg whites in it. Add salt and beat it till it forms peaks and ridges. While beating, add ½ cup sugar slowly, and wait till ridges form. This will take around 2 minutes in total. Clean the beaters once again.
- Take cream in another bowl and beat it for approximately two minutes.
- You will now have three bowls in front of you. Put the cream in the mascarpone cheese and mix well. Repeat the same with the egg whites. You will now have all the ingredients in one bowl.
- Now mix the wine and coffee in a bowl. Dip each of the savoiardi’s into the mixture and form a layer of them in a baking dish. Do not soak them for too long or they might break.
- Now take half of the cheese mixture and spread it on the first layer of savoiardi. Put the second layer of savoiardi’s on the first and use the remaining mascarpone cheese to cover up this layer.
- Put this entire thing in the refrigerator and let it cool for at least five hours. Serve with melted chocolate drizzled on top.